Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact the research center closest to them to discuss eligibility
- If invited, volunteers visit their nearest research center for an in-person evaluation to determine eligibility for TRC-DS
Following the evaluation, eligible TRC-DS volunteers become part of a group regularly assessed once every 16 months with physical exams, medical tests (such as a blood draw and brain imaging scans), and memory skills assessments to measure changes in their brain health and function.
Researchers are looking for healthy volunteers between the ages of 35 and 55 to participate in TRC-DS.
- Are healthy adults between the ages of 35 to 55 with Down syndrome;
- Have an interest in supporting clinical research; and
- Will visit their nearest research center once every 16 months for physical exams like blood pressure checks and blood draws, and memory skills tests to measure changes in their brain health and function.